ElectroBraid® Horse Gate Kit
The ElectroBraid® horse gate kit allows you to create an entry up to 20 feet wide without the expense of a traditional gate and the labor involved with stabilizing a gate post.
- Creates a safe, cost-effective 15- to 20-foot electric horse gate
- Includes high-quality components that work with the ElectroBraid® fence system
- Rubber gate handle withstands very low temperatures and external stresses
- Allows easy access for heavy equipment
- One gate kit required for every strand of fence
Using gate handles for a cost effective gate
ElectroBraid® horse gate kits allow you to use economical gate handles to create a convenient entrance in your ElectroBraid® fence, allowing access you to move equipment in or out of paddocks for seeding or fertilizing.
How many ElectroBraid® horse gate kits will I need?
For each gate opening you intend to install, you will require one ElectroBraid® horse gate kit for every strand of ElectroBraid® used in your fence. Each kit includes:
- (1) gate handle
- (1) screw-in gate handle anchor for wood post
- (1) ElectroBraid® poly Braid splicer
- (1) ElectroBraid® roller insulator
- (2) ElectroBraid® 2-1/2-inch heavy-duty insulator screws
Installation Instructions for the Latch Side of Gate:
- Wire the gate as described in the ElectroBraid® Installation Manual <link> in the section titled “Wiring Gates”.
- Install the gate handle anchor on the gate post at the same height as each strand of Braid™.
- Use a short length of ElectroBraid® copper lead-out wire to jump from each strand of Braid™ to each gate anchor.
Installation Instructions for the Hinged Side of Gate:
- Install the ElectroBraid® roller insulator on the “hinged” side of the gate post at the same height as the opposing strand.
- Attach a length of Braid™ (about the width of the gate) to the roller insulator using the poly Braid splicer.
- Hook the gate handle onto the gate handle anchor. Secure the Braid™ to the spring inside the gate handle by taking two wraps around the spring and securing with a poly braid splicer.
NOTE: When using trees as a fence post, mount gate anchor on a 2 in x4 in and attach it to the tree to prevent damage from tree growth.
There’s a reason ElectroBraid® is America’s #1 Horse Fence
Even the smallest ElectroBraid® fencing components are made for convenience, performance and durability. That’s the peace of mind that comes from choosing the ElectroBraid® fencing system. Use ElectroBraid® as a permanent perimeter fence or a movable fence for rotational grazing. ElectroBraid® is SAFE, SECURE and SIMPLE.
ElectroBraid® Braid will not rust, rot, lose strength due to sunlight or weathering, break when installed as a permanent fence or prove defective in workmanship or material. Any reel of ElectroBraid® Braid that is defective will be replaced at no charge to the purchaser. This warranty is in effect for 25 years from the date of purchase.
ElectroBraid® Horse Gate Kit - SpecificationsKit Includes:
- (1) Gate Handle
- (1) Wood Post Gate Handle Anchor
- (1) Polybraid Splicer
- (1) Roller Insulator
- (4) 2-1/2 inch heavy-duty screws
- ElectroBraid® is Americas #1 Horse Fence - Safe, Secure and Simple to install