Perky-Pet® Clear Antique Bottle Glass Hummingbird Feeder-Specifications
- Clear antique bottle
- Hardened square glass nectar container
- 4 decorative feeding ports
- Brushed copper base
- Base comes apart for easy cleaning
What's in the Box:
- 1 Hummingbird feeder
- 24 oz nectar capacity
- 4 feeding ports
- 10.5" height x 5.5" depth x 5.5" length
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: WoodstreamBrands.ca does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateMore than I expectedIt's beautiful
Review RateNice with one caveatThis bird feeder is nice looking and well made. But it has one great disadvantage: the only way to clean it is through the narrow opening that screws into the bottom of the feeder. So you need a skinny brush to really do the job. I had seen a similar hummingbird feeder where the wide top of the feeder came off and assumed this one was the same. It's not.
Review RateAmazon ReviewThe hummingbirds started coming almost right away and I enjoy the antique glass look. Fairly easy to fill, would be much easier with a funnel though since the bottle opening is a bit small. Cleaning hasn't been a problem, I've just filled it with hot water and soap and shook but a bottle brush might be needed at some point. The metal hanger is very sturdy, no fear of it slipping or bending. The feeding base is easy to take apart, clean and screw back on. Overall great product.
Review RateAmazon ReviewMy wife loves birds and animals of all kinds. I purchased the feeder for her at Christmas. She loved it.
Review RateAmazon ReviewSeems a bit too large for my current Hummingbird population. Had to rig a hanger to fit it onto the shepherd hooks stand. Looks nicer than the plastic versions.
Review RateAmazon ReviewVery nice to have a bigger jar so I don't have to fill it up as often. It looks very nice hanging out on my deck. I have several of these and it is because they are so easy to clean.
Review RateAmazon ReviewLooks and works great. Should last a long time.
Review RateAmazon ReviewArrived in tip top shape, love the decorative design. Have had a bounty of hummingbirds, can't keep up with keeping it filled!
Review RateAmazon ReviewPurchased this as a gift. I have a similar feeder and have been extremely pleased with it and our hummers love it!The design of the glass bottle is attractive and a nice addition to outdoor decor, with the added benefit of watching hummingbirds feed.Recommend!
Review RateAmazon ReviewWell made. Just the stylish feeder I was looking for. Classic pattern and love the square shape. I have a similar one and they will look great hanging together on a double hook hanger as soon as the humming birds return to my area.
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Visit the Perky-Pet® hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Hummingbird Feeders - FAQs
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet® model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet® model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet® cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.