Perky-Pet® Etched Top Fill Plastic Hummingbird Feeder - Specifications
Attracting, feeding and enjoying hummingbirds is easy with our top fill hummingbird feeder.
- Top Fill design
- Easy to fill wide mouth top
- Easy to clean with less parts
- Advanced "sport bottle" like function
- Plastic feeder
What's in the Box:
- 1 plastic hummingbird feeder
- 16 oz nectar capacity
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: WoodstreamBrands.ca does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateNot happy with the feeder and particularly the perch they sit on when they feed.
I have had the feeder for about six months and all that time maybe two humming birds used it!! It seems like they are not getting the nectar out of the flower opening very well and can NOT land on the "little vine shaped" plastic landing spots/posts (not the same feeder of the 121TF, that is used in the video here) . I would like my money back please and don't really know why this is not working when all my other feeders are doing just fine.Response From WoodstreambrandsLauren : Consumer Relations Representative
Thank you for sharing this feedback. We apologize for this experience and are happy to assist. Our feeders are covered under a 30 day return policy and backed by a one year warranty for replacement.
Hummingbirds can be creatures of habit and may prefer one feeder over another. To encourage the birds to visit the new feeder, we recommend temporarily removing established feeders until they try out the new one more regularly.
We appreciate the comments regarding the perches and have shared them with our Product Manager. Keep in mind that when feeding from flowers, hummingbirds prefer to hover. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) with any additional questions.
Review RateThe best Hummingbird feeder ever!I have been looking for a nice wide mouthed to fill hummingbird feeder for years. I got this late in the season, but so far I love it. The ease of use and the super ease of filling it up easily and without any leaking is PERFECT. And it is very nice looking according to my wife. I am very happy with my purchase.
Review RateLeaking feederThis feeder is not worth the money... Leaking
Review RateAmazon ReviewWe have had similar push-pull feeders and like this one even better. The quality is good. The amount it holds is better for us than the 16 ounce (less likely to spoil before it is empty so less waste). This model is also prettier to look at. The hummingbirds are using it easily.
Review RateAmazon ReviewThis top loading feeder works far beyond my expectations. After reading the reviews, I was worried. However, I read the instructions and put it together in less than a minute. It works perfectly!
Review RateAmazon ReviewThe hummers seem to love this feeder (they've been there all day!), and the perches are really cute. We've had no problems with "sharp barbs" as reported by some other reviewers.If the feeder is leaking, try taking it apart and starting again. Mine has kept a strong seal for two years. We have also received good support from Perky-Pet in the past; they replaced an earlier feeder that broke upon first use (different design).Finally, there is no need to buy food or use red dye. The "recipe" is 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. This will hold about a cup at a time; I make 2.5 cups and store some in the fridge (.5 cup sugar and 2 cups water). You do want to change the solution regularly, and this feeder makes it easy to do so because it will hold the seal until you unpop it, meaning you don't get sugar water all over your kitchen floor or deck.Would definitely buy this again.
Review Ratepesky beesI have one of these hummingbird feeders and am having a terible time with bees swarming all around the area where it pulls up to open the suction. nothing seems to help!!
Review RateAmazon ReviewFeeders came way before they were due. I no sooner had it up when the hummers were slurping from it. They were packed well; and had no trouble with the filling them and hanging them.
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Hummingbird Feeders - Expert Tips
Filling Your Feeder:
Here are a few things to review before filling the feeder:
- Check to make sure the base compartments are securely tightened
- Push container into base to close ports to prevent leakage
- Unscrew to cap to fill with nectar
- Screw cap back on securely to form an airtight seal.
- We recommend keeping the feeder in the closed position until you get to the spot where you want to hang it.
- To open nectar reservoir - hold base with one hand and pull up on the container with the other to open ports for feeding. Your feeder is now ready.
Please note: if the cap does not fit securely on to the feeder and you see a gap between the cap and the feeder, the seal may be the issue. Please contact our Consumer Care Department at 1.800.800.1819 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new outer ring for you cap.
To replace the outer ring, push firmly on the center of the cap to pop out the middle. Replace with new outer ring.
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Video Help & Advice from Perky-Pet®
- Check out our series on how to attract birds to your backyard. We have a large amount of video advice and help for all levels of bird watcher! more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I'm new to Top Fill feeders, are there tips on filling for beginners?
A: Yes, follow the steps below.
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.