Perky-Pet® Hummer’s Favorite Plastic Hummingbird Feeder with Free Nectar - Specifications
- Easy to fill wide mouth opening
- Base comes apart for easy cleaning
- Built-in bee guards protect nectar supply
- Built-in ant moat keeps ants away
- Free instant nectar packet
What's in the Box:
- 1 Hummingbird feeder
- 1 1.3 oz packet of nectar concentrate
- 30 oz nectar capacity
- 8.3" depth x 8.3" width x 11.5" height
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: WoodstreamBrands.ca does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateLove my feeders
My hummers love it, but so do the bees. They hang around the base where it screws together on the bottom so some how they get the sugar water. It is a great size for my many hummers that live in our yard. For some reason the water gets sour if I don't refill for a week, so when the birds are not as active - which isn't very often - I only fill half way to keep the sugar water fresher. I love all the Perky Pet feeders, and I have a bunch. My biggest challenge is keeping them all full and fresh. My Hummers are my pure delight all day. Thanks for making feeders they love.
Review RateNice feederFeeder is a replacement for glass one that fell and broke. The base was leaking, so I called and have a replacement base coming. Very good customer service.
Review RateNot HappyFirst, the slim piece of plastic on the cap used for hanging broke, and dropped it. Now it leaks all the nectar out if the wind blows it or rocks it. It siphons out everything and can't be stopped. This causes bees to swarm all over it. Not a very good design, especially compared to previous models which were fantastic.Response From WoodstreambrandsPatty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeHello Dave,
We appreciate the time taken to provide this feedback and apologize for this experience. We recommend that all of our hummingbird feeders be placed in an area with little to no wind.
This feeder is covered by a one year warranty. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance.
Review RateGreat feederWe have an older version of this 30 oz feeder and the hummers like it so I decided to purchase a couple of the new ones. You definitely don't need to use a funnel to fill the new model. We have another brand that has a very wide opening that is easier to clean but the hummers like all of our Perky-Pet brand feeders better. Yes, really, they do but cannot figure out why (maybe less quantity of feeder portals for less crowding or also the taller height of the portals to their perch so they can see their enemies (other hummers) better instead of having to lean down -- I don't know).
I must say, however, our hummers truly love, love, love the Perky-Pet® Pinch-Waist Glass 8 oz Hummingbird Feeder model #: 203CPBN. Those are the ones we start with in the spring when a small capacity feeder is best. We still keep them out throughout the summer but have to fill them every 6 hours. I wish Perky-Pet would make a larger capacity of this product. I think the hummers like the minimal perches/portals (4) best and they wait in line for them. Go figure!
We go through a lot of juice during the summer and I have 6 feeders out. It is now mid-August and I have used well over 60# of sugar so we need the high capacity feeders so we don't have to fill them up every 6 hours. We don't use the packets that come with the new feeder; I threw mine out. My recipe is the standard sugar mix recipe: 4 parts water to 1 part sugar.
Will I purchase these again, yes -- but probably the glass bottle ones instead.
Review RateAmazon ReviewIt is huge but I needed this size because my humms drink a lot right now in season. They immediately notice this and like it.
- All About
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Hummingbird Feeders - FAQs
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder each week. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards or ant guards. more»
Q: Where is the best place to hang my new hummingbird feeder?
A: Place your hummingbird feeder away from sun and wind. The sun may cause the mixture to turn bad and the wind may swing the feeder around, causing the mixture to spill. more»
Q: How do I attract hummingbirds to my feeder?
A: Hummingbirds will find your nectar feeder, although there are some steps you can take to help the tiny birds find it sooner. Tying a red ribbon on the feeder wire or pole will help them locate it. more»