Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeding Kit
Have Great Fun … With A Ready To Hang Hummingbird Feeding Kit!
If you've enjoyed seeing tiny acrobatic avians zinging around outside and want to attract them to your yard… welcome to the irresistible, iridescent world of hummingbirds!
You can experience hours of fun and excitement watching them as they zip around a hummingbird feeder—a feeder that's hanging in your very own backyard. And with our Hummingbird Feeding Kit, it's easy to get started because it has everything you need.
Each kit contains:
- 1 plastic, 8-ounce hummingbird feeder;
- 1 pack of nectar concentrate to make 32 ounces of nectar;
- 1 feeder cleaning mop; and,
- A vibrantly illustrated "how to" information pamphlet.
Our Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeding Kit has simple-to-follow instructions and colorful drawings, making set-up quick and easy. After you have filled the feeder with nectar, take it outside and hang it in a shady place (to extend the life of the nectar.) Place the feeder where birds can clearly see it from their vantage point. The bright-red colors of the plastic base and nectar will let the hovering hummingbirds know your “bird feeding station” is open for business.
This Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeding Kit is great for the whole family! Buy a kit today to get them interested and involved in a fun and educational, outdoor hobby that will last a lifetime. You will be doing something wonderful for them—as well as for the hummingbirds!
Want to make your backyard super hummer friendly? Check that there is open space for them to fly freely, and that trees, shrubs and bushes provide adequate protection and shelter from the sun, bad weather and predators (such as house cats and other animals.) A water source, like a shallow birdbath, a fountain or a spray mister, invites hummingbirds to visit frequently. Won’t that be a bright spot in your day?
Remember to clean your feeder once every two weeks with mild soap and water solution.
Perkypet.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet® and K-Feeders wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from perkypet.com. Happy Bird Feeding!
Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeding Kit -Specifications
What's in the Box:
- 1 plastic 8 oz hummingbird feeder
- 1 nectar concentrate packet that makes 32 oz
- 1 feeder cleaning mop
- A vibrantly illustrated "how to" pamphlet complete with hummingbird facts
- Vinyl coated red hanging wire
- 8 oz nectar capacity
- 3 feeding ports
- 5.3 oz packet of nectar concentrate - makes 32 oz
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeding Kit - FAQs
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.