Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® The Baffler
The Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® The Baffler features an all metal dome and base, perfect for those with heavy squirrel traffic. The feeder protects against squirrels with its patented weight-activated base which tilts to instantly close off feeding ports. The dome tilts and wobbles as well to throw squirrels off balance who try and land on the feeder. Your feathered friends will love all the protection The Baffler has to offer and enjoy feeding in peace with other birds, not squirrels!
- Dimensions 25" x 11.7" x 11.7"
- Metal dome and patented metal base
- Powder-coated to protect feeder surface
- 3 lb seed capacity
Wild Birds love:
- 4 feeding ports
- Ultimate squirrel protection
- Durable metal dome and patented weight-activated base
- Convenient metal perches while feeding
- Metal dome and patented base provide maximum durability against squirrels
- Dome tilts and wobbles to throw squirrels off balance
- Base tilts under a squirrel's weight to close off ports
- Special powder-coating to protect feeder surface
- Relaxation while watching wild birds feeding
Perkypet.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet®, K-Feeders® and NO/NO® wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from perkypet.com. Happy Bird Feeding!
Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® The Baffler - Specifications
- Feeder is heavy-duty, holds 3 lb of seed and is powder-coated in glossy black. The metal dome tilts and wobbles to throw squirrels off balance while the metal base tilts under a squirrel's weight to close off 4 feeding ports
What's in the Box:
- 1 wild bird feeder
- 3 lb seed capacity with 4 feeding ports
Disclaimer: WoodstreamBrands.ca does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateSquirrels think this feeder is for the birds :-)This feeder was a bit tricky to assemble but seems very durable, well designed, and constructed. Have just started using it but so far squirrels have been no problem!
Review RatePerky-Pet™ - Squirrel –Be-Gone® The BafflerBought one for each of my sisters and one for myself! Great price and size. Well made and easy to use.
Review RateHaven\'t had the chance to see it in action yet.New purchase . No birds or squirrels yet. My biggest hope is that the rats can't get to it.
Review RateNo squirrels yet!Received this feeder about a week ago and altho we have squirrels, they're only feeding from seed that's fallen out if it to the ground. It does drop a lot of seed..not sure why. It's very large and also very heavy when filled..so you need some muscles to lift it up..bit so far so good!
Review RateSqirrels stay awayThe perches are not quite long enough.Response From WoodstreambrandsPatty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeWe apologize for this experience and would like the opportunity to learn more. The perches on this feeder should accommodate a variety of wild birds.
Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) so we can determine what is happening and provide assistance.
Review RateExcellent Product!I gave this to my daughter for her birthday. She had given up trying to feed the birds as the squirrels kept getting into the seed. This feeder has solved that problem and, as an added bonus, has provided her with many hours of entertainment as she watches the squirrels try (and fail) to get into this feeder.
Review RateWorks for aquirrelsHave had this about two weeks, the only complaint is the seed emptys froom the birds landing on it and needs refilling just about daily, A waist of seed.Response From WoodstreambrandsPatty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeWe'd like to learn more about this, Jim. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973). We apologize for this experience and would like to offer troubleshooting assistance. This feeder is covered by a one year warranty.
Review Rateit worksI am very please with this bird feeder. It dumps the squirrels off the baffle and prevents them from getting to the seed if they approach from below instead of from above. Love it
Review RateOnly bird that will eat from this is Pine SiskinThis is well built and large, but the song birds (finches, sparrows, etc.), other than Pine Siskins, refuse to eat from it. Perhaps the head opening is too small, and/or the distance to the feed is too much. I emptied all other feeders for a number of weeks, and the behavior was the same. Too bad.
Review RateExcellent valueThese feeders have been up for one week and are working out perfectly. Great design & construction so they should last. Have not been challenged by squirrels yet. Compared to others on the market these are an excellent value.
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Video Help & Advice from Perky-Pet®
- Check out our series on how to attract birds to your backyard. We have a large amount of video advice and help for all levels of bird watcher! more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco, and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Niger (Thistle Seed) is imported from Africa and Asia. Niger won't germinate, but it does have a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in a light water/bleach solution (9 parts water to 1 part bleach).
- Scrub feeder and allow to air dry.
- Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
- Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A: Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!