Best used for:ChickadeesNuthatchesTitmiceWoodpeckersPerky-Pet® The Loft Bamboo Feeder With the Perky-Pet® The Loft Bamboo Feeder you get an option that's great for you, for your backyard birds, and for the environment! This simple feeder is constructed of durable bamboo and metal, ensuring its place in your yard for many years to come. Plus, it’s designed to hold two suet cakes at the same time to keep your feathered friends well fed throughout the cold months. Lastly, the upside-down design shields the suet from sun and moisture, while also attracting upside-down feeding birds.Why Bamboo? Bamboo is one of the world’s fastest growing, most sustainable plants, making it a very eco-friendly choice for bird feeders! It’s 100% natural and biodegradable. Bamboo is stronger and more durable than most woods, making it less likely to warp, crack, shrink, or swell. Plus, it’s naturally resistant to mold, insects, and bacteria.Offer Double Servings of Suet During the long winter months, birds need plenty of energy to keep warm in the cold weather. Providing suet is a great way to help them! With the Perky-Pet® The Loft Bamboo Feeder, you can serve two suet cakes at once, providing your feathered friends with double the energy!Easy to Use For your convenience, this low-maintenance bamboo feeder is incredibly easy to use. Simply open the ends of each cage and slide suet cakes into place. Close the door of both suet cages and hang the feeder near a tree where suet-loving birds like to congregate.Upside-Down Design The upside down roof-style design also helps to protect the suet cakes from rain, snow, and the sun, which can spoil or melt it. The birds are sure to love visiting! Plus, the feeder is ideal for upside-down feeding birds such as woodpeckers, nuthatches, and chickadee, while discouraging nuisance birds like starlings!Perky-Pet® The Loft Bamboo Feeder Product Details Do you want to know more helpful details about the Loft Bamboo Feeder? Take a closer look at the in-depth specifications for this product. Complete Product Details »
Perky-Pet® The Loft Bamboo Feeder Model # BAMLFT Height (including hanger) 11.25 inches Length 7 inches Width 11.40 inches Capacity 2 cakes Food Type Suet Materials Bamboo, metalOur 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority! If you are anything less than satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!About Perky-Pet®:We have been the trusted experts in backyard bird feeding since 1958. Perky-Pet® delivers high quality, functional bird feeders and accessories that bring more birds to your backyard. Bringing nature to you™. More About Perky-Pet® »
Perky-Pet® The Loft Bamboo Feeder - Specifications
- Bamboo construction is strong and extremely durable
- Roof provides shelter to suet baskets and birds
- Eco-friendly bamboo naturally resists mold and bacteria
- Ideal for upside-down feeding birds, including woodpeckers, nuthatches, and chickadees
- Holds 2 suet cakes
What's in the Box:
- 1 bamboo feeder
- Holds 2 suet cakes
- Height: 11.25" (including hanger) Length: 7" and Width: 11.40"
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Niger (Thistle Seed) is imported from Africa and Asia. Niger won't germinate, but it does have a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in water.
- Scrub feeder and allow to air dry.
- Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
- Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A: Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!