Victor® Electronic Rat Trap - 8-Traps
The Victor® Electronic Rat Trap uses a high-voltage shock to kill rats quickly and humanely. It is very easy to use; simply bait, place, turn on and empty. The trap kills one rat per setting, and can kill up to 50 rats per set of 4 "C" batteries (not included). Disposal is easy, too – offering a no-touch, no-see experience.
Easy to Use
The Victor® Electronic Rat Trap is extremely easy to use. Simply bait, place, turn on and empty. The trap is equipped with advanced smart circuit technology that senses when a rodent enters the trap.
Once inside, the rat steps onto the metal plates, completing the circuit and jolting the rat with a 7,000 volt shock. Since rats can restart their hearts after an electric shock, this trap applies a continuous shock for two minutes to ensure a complete, humane kill.
After the rat is dispatched, the trap’s indicator light flashes green for up to 24 hours to indicate a kill. If the trap has low batteries, the light will flash red.
No-see, No-touch Experience
To dispose of the rat, just dump the rodent into the trash without ever having to see or touch it. The trap can then be reset and reused, or discarded if you prefer. To reset, add more bait, then place and turn the trap on. The Victor Electronic Rat Trap is acceptable for use anywhere indoors, or anywhere it’s not exposed to the elements. The trap doesn’t use poisons or chemicals, it’s safe to use around children and pets when used as directed.
The Victor Electronic Rat Trap is easy to set and use. Here’s How:
- Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 "C" batteries.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Bait the trap through the hole in the back wall using a small amount of peanut butter, bacon, dry pet food, nuts, etc. Be sure to use a Q-tip, toothpick or another tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap.
- Place the trap where you have seen signs of rodent activity or along the wall where rodents primarily travel. The trap should be placed lengthwise against the wall with the entrance hole nearest the wall.
- Turn on the trap – a green light will blink once showing the trap is working properly.
- A blinking green light will indicate a kill. Dispose of the dead rodent, bait, reset and place for continued rodent control.
Which Trap is Right for You?Kills per SettingKills per Set of BatteriesBatteries RequiredKill MethodKill Chamber SizeBattery Life1 Mouse or Rat20 Mice or Rats4 "AA" batteriesHumane, high-voltage shockLarge1 year in standby mode1 Mouse or Rat60 Mice or Rats4 "D" batteriesHumane, high-voltage shockLargest2 years in standby mode1 Mouse or Rat50 Mice or Rats4 "C" batteriesHumane, high-voltage shockLarge1 year in standby mode
Click Here to See More Features »Batteries IncludedBait LocationEasy to Use"No Touch, No View"
Disposal MethodSafe Around Children and PetsReusableIndoor Use OnlyKill Indicator Notification LightBattery Replacement
Notification Light1-Year WarrantyNoInside trap - on or along back wall
Click Here to See Less
Victor® Electronic Rat Trap - 8 Traps
- Kills 50 rats per each per set of 4C batteries
- High voltage shock kills rats and mice in seconds
- Easy to use – simply bait, turn on, & empty
- Patented design prevents escapes
- Smart circuit technology senses rodent to trigger electronic shock
- Auto reset occurs allows trap to always be ready to kill
- Non-toxic, poison free
- Blinking green light indicates kill
- Blinking red light indicates low battery
- Requires 4 "C" Batteries (not included)
Disclaimer: WoodstreamBrands.ca does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateSimply effective
This unit is simple and effective to use! Very satisfied with this product.
Review RateVery effective
Purchased a couple of them 2 years ago for use in the boathouse in winter. Both mice and red squirrels take up residence in the boat and destroy upholstery, life jackets etc. I was concerned that the "C" cell batteries would not be effective in the winter, but they held on to take care of several mice and one red squirrel. I had tried every other method I could think of to try to discourage the red squirrels to no avail. I always had a huge mess every spring. I have recommended these traps to several neighbours to use as silent sentries in the attic, where many have had mouse and squirrel issues, and have recently purchased 3 more myself.
Review RateGreat Service Great Product
We bought the electric rat traps and got the product in a good timely manor. We set up the traps and caught the mouse right away. We are very satisfied with the traps and the product.
Victor® Electronic Rat Trap - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What position should the switch be in to turn it on?
A: For the Victor® Electronic Rat Trap (model M240), the on position is a dash “-“ and the off position is an “O”
Q: Is the buzzing/clicking normal?
A: The buzzing and slight clicking sound with the Victor® Electronic Rat Trap is normal during the start-up of the trap. When you first turn the trap on, the green light will blink momentarily and then you will hear the buzzing or a slight clicking sound indicating that you trap is working properly and starting up.
Q: How do I bait it?/What should I use to bait it?
A: To bait the Electronic Rat Trap, first make sure the trap is turned off. Place the bait along or on the back wall of the trap. Be sure to use gloves or a tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap. We’ve carefully researched dry pet food and found it an excellent lure. Other dried baits (nuts, dehydrated fruit, etc.) can also work well. Goopy Bait Note: Please don’t place moist or goopy bait in your Electronic Rat Trap. If you plan on using goopy bait, like peanut butter, place it on the back wall with a Q-tip. (Otherwise you may goop the electronics and/or falsely trip the system.)
Q: How do I clean the trap?
A: Through repeat use and baiting, dust and debris can settle on the metal plates inside the trap, so we recommend that you clean your trap between each use. To clean the trap:
- Turn the power switch off and remove the batteries
- Wipe the metal plates with a damp cloth (use water or unscented dish detergent only).
- Allow the trap to air dry completely.
- Replace the batteries and turn the unit back on for repeated use.
Q: Can it be used outdoors?
A: The Electronic Rat Trap is recommended for indoor use only. This trap was designed and manufactured to be used indoors and not exposed to the elements. If this trap is used outside, the unit could potentially short out due to weather conditions, such as rain.