Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap Eliminate your rodent problem quickly and effectively with the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap. From set-up and use through cleaning and maintenance, each zap will be a snap thanks to the easy-to-use design. This humane trap kills rodents using a high-voltage shock and since rats are able to restart their hearts, the shock is applied for 2 minutes to ensure higher kill rates. To get started, simply apply a high-protein bait in the provided bait cup, place the trap in an indoor location with high rodent activity and turn it on.Best used for:AtticsGaragesBasementsKitchensHigh-Voltage Shock Humanely Kills Rodents The Rat Zapper® Classic is equipped with smart circuit technology that senses when a rodent enters the trap. Once the rodent is inside, it steps on the metal plates, completing the circuit and the trap delivers a continuous high-voltage shock for 2 minutes to effectively eliminate rat invader. This trap is capable of eliminating up to 20 rats per set of fully charged batteries (4 “AA”).LED Light Alerts With the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap, simplifying your pest control routine is a breeze. Each time the trap catches a rat, the light on top of the trap flashes green to indicate a kill. You’ll know when it’s time to empty your trap without having to check manually. When it's time to change the batteries, the light will flash red.
Note: If you have the old version of the Rat Zapper® Classic (with the plug), the light will flash red for all alerts instead of green.No-Touch Cleanup With the Rat Zapper® Classic, cleanup is effortless! Unlike standard rat traps, you don’t have to touch or look at dead rodents. The rat is contained within the kill chamber, which hides it from sight, while the indicator light lets you know when it’s time to empty. After a kill, just tip the trap to discard the dead rodent into the trash without having to touch it.How to Set the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap For your convenience, the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap is very easy to use. Get your trap setup by following these four simple steps:
Victor® Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap Product Details Do you want to know more helpful details about the Victor® Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap? Take a closer look at the in-depth specifications for this product. Complete Product Details »
- Add Bait - Apply a small amount of high-protein bait, such as peanut butter, to the back wall of the trap away from the metal plates using a Q-tip or other tool to avoid transferring your scent.
- Insert Batteries - Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 “AA” batteries into the battery compartment before replacing the cover.
- Place the Trap - Place the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the entrance nearest to the wall.
- Turn On - Activate by flipping the switch to the “ON” position. A green light will blink once to indicate the trap is functioning properly.
Victor® Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap Bundle Model # BRZC001CAN Model # RZC001-4TRI Kills per Setting 1 Kills per Set of Batteries 20 Batteries Required 4 “AA” batteries Kill Method Humane, hogh-voltage shock Alert Method LED light Materials Plastic, metalAbout Victor® Victor® has been a trusted name in rodent control since 1898. Since the invention of the spring-based trap over 115 years ago, we have been continuously striving to manufacture innovative, quality products that keep your family safe from the dangers of rodents. With a variety of electronic traps, snap traps and repellents available, Victor® has a broad selection of products to meet the needs of consumers. More About Victor® »
Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap - 3 Traps Model # RZC001-4TRI Bundle Model # BRZC001CAN Traps 3 Kills per Setting 1 Kills per Set of Batteries 20 Batteries Required 4 "AA" batteries - each trap Kill Method Humane, high-voltage shock Alert Method LED light Materials Plastic, metal Usage Notes
- Apply a small amount of high-protein bait, such as peanut butter, to the back wall of the trap away from the metal plates using a Q-tip or other tool to avoid transferring your scent.
- Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 “AA” batteries into the battery compartment before replacing the cover
- Position the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the entrance nearest to the wall.
- Activate by flipping the switch to the “ON” position. A green light will blink once to indicate the trap is functioning properly
Rat Zapper Classic Trap - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do I place the trap?
A: Place the trap along the wall where rodents primarily travel or where you have seen signs of rodent activity. Rats are wary critters and they’ll initially avoid anything new in their environment. Good news is we’re smarter than they are! It may take a few days or nights for the first rat to enter your trap but be patient!
Q: How do I bait the trap?/What should I use to bait the trap?
A: To bait the Rat Zapper, first make sure the trap is turned off. Place the bait along or on the back wall of the trap. Be sure to use gloves or a tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap. We’ve carefully researched dry pet food and found it an excellent lure. Other dried baits (nuts, dehydrated fruit, etc.) can also work well. Goopy Bait Note: Please don’t place moist or goopy bait in your Rat Zapper unless you place it in a plastic container, like a medium plastic bottle cap, and then slide it to the back of your Rat Zapper. (Otherwise you may goop the electronics and/or falsely trip the system.)
Q: What type of batteries do I need?
A: The Rat Zapper Ultra requires 4 “D” alkaline batteries which will provide approximately two years of stand-by power. Use high quality alkaline batteries to ensure the best results.