Perky-Pet® 24 oz Top Fill Plastic Hummingbird Feeder
The Perky-Pet® 24 oz Top Fill Hummingbird Feeder features an innovative "sports bottle" technology for effortless filling - just push, pour then pull-and-lock! The wide-mouth top makes filling easy and mess free. With its 24 oz capacity, this feeder ensures there is plenty of nectar to keep your hummingbirds happy and fed! The four yellow flower feeding ports complement the red base and invite the hummers to dine.
We've included our Perky-Pet® 5.3 oz Instant High Energy Nectar. This specially blended hummingbird nectar makes 32 ounces of nectar, is easy to use, requires no boiling and stays fresh longer.
- Easy to fill wide mouth opening, allowing the feeder to be filled more often
- Easy to clean - allowing them to feed from a consistently clean, healthy feeder
- Brilliant red color that makes it easy to locate
- Hummingbird preferred, trumpet shaped feeding ports, and perches for them to rest when dining
- Pure enjoyment and relaxation watching hummingbirds feeding right outside your window
- Convenient wide mouth opening for easy cleaning and filling
- FREE high-energy hummingbird nectar
- Top Fill technology allowing you to fill your hummingbird feeder from the top, rather than having to turn it upside down
- Stylish look this feeder will add to your yard
Remember to clean your feeder once every two weeks with mild soap and water solution.
Perkypet.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet®, K-Feeders and NO/NO® wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from perkypet.com. Happy Bird Feeding!
Perky-Pet® Top-Fill Plastic Hummingbird Feeder w/Free Nectar- Specifications
Attracting, feeding and enjoying hummingbirds is easy with our top fill hummingbird feeder.
- Top-fill design with advanced "sport-bottle-like" function
- Easy to fill wide mouth top
- Easy to clean with less parts
- Advanced "sport bottle" like function
- Includes FREE Instant High Energy Nectar packet - no boiling required
What's in the Box:
- 1 plastic hummingbird feeder
- 1 nectar packet
- 24 oz nectar capacity
- 5.3 oz nectar packet makes 32 ounces of nectar
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: WoodstreamBrands.ca does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateNice looking the birds love it but it leaks.It leaks no matter what you do. Sometimes it holds the liquid sometimes not. I had only trouble with it and lost a lot of sugar water. Its difficult to make it airtight. The top seal is not tight even if you srew it on tight.Response From WoodstreambrandsPatty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeWe appreciate the time taken to provide this valuable feedback and apologize for this experience. The lid should thread smoothly and firmly to create a seal at the top.
We would like to learn more and make this right. Please give our Consumer Relations Team a call at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance.
Review RateLeaky FeededI have bought 2 new styles this year. Both Perky-Pet. They have both leaked all over my deck. This one only did it now and than. I never could figure out what it was I did to make it leak. Either way, it should not be that hard to use and the mess is not worth it. I went back to the old style that I have been using forever. The Magnolia flowered glass feeder.Response From WoodstreambrandsLauren : Consumer Relations RepresentativeHello Gayle,
Thank you for sharing this experience. This feeder uses the same push-pull technology as the Magnolia feeder. When filling the feeder, it is very important that both halves of the base, the bottle, and the lid are tightly secured. After the bottle has been filled, pull up to open the nectar ports.
Our feeders are backed by a one year warranty. Please feel free to contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance.
Review RateFantastic - to a pointEverything about this feeder is great - except... I can't stop leaks from happening between the lower and upper portions of the base. Have followed call instructions (printed and video) several times, but just can't get a complete seal between the two parts (a very tiny gap on one side). Once I hang the feeder, movement (wind, etc.) causes dripping. Suggestions?
Review RateAmazon ReviewTrue, the base leaked like crazy from the split between the top and bottom parts. I was about to either return the feeder, or permanently seal the base with silicone sealer. Then I figured it out -- so I offer the following advice: A. Before filling with nectar mix, first test the feeder with plain water (which I did, and found that the water leaked out in about 10 seconds). This avoids losing a batch of nectar by not understanding how the feeder works. B. To test with water, and later fill with nectar, read the instructions (they're not too clear on the tag, but the video helps): - Screw base together until snug (the halves do not form a watertight seal, and this is okay). - Screw container into base until snug. - Push container down into the base seal (may already be in down position) to close ports, and prevent base leakage when filling. - Fill only half way [until hummingbirds have discovered it] & refrigerate the rest. - Screw top cap onto container TIGHTLY [most important step; it must be airtight]. - Pull container up from base to open ports. The liquid will start to fill the base, and stops when the vacuum prevents further flow.
Review RateOnce you get the hang of it, this is a great feederIt took me spilling the nectar a few times but once I learned how the push-pull action worked, I came to love this feeder. Unfortunately, I let it freeze and it cracked but I'm going to buy a couple more.
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Click the Perky-Pet® hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Perky-Pet® 24 oz Top Fill Plastic Hummingbird Feeder - FAQs
Q: I'm new to Top Fill feeders, are there tips on filling for beginners?
A: Yes, follow the steps below.
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet® model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet® model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet® cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.