Perky-Pet® Magnolia Feeder - Top Fill No Spill!
Featuring our all new patent pending Top Fill technology! Filling a hummingbird feeder has never been easier!
The Perky-Pet® Magnolia Top Fill Hummingbird Feeder features our latest invention - the new patent-pending Push-Pull technology for effortless refilling - just push, pour, then pull-and-lock!
It features an easy to fill wide mouth top and an advanced "sports bottle" like function to facilitate replenishing the nectar. With less parts, cleaning the Magnolia feeder is so simple, too! The clear plastic reservoir makes it easy to monitor nectar levels in this 16 oz hummingbird feeder.
- Easy to fill wide mouth opening, allowing the feeder to be filled more often
- Easy to clean - allowing them to feed from a consistently clean, healthy feeder
- Built in ant moat located on feeder lid
- Brilliant red color that makes it easy to locate
- Hummingbird preferred, trumpet shaped feeding ports, and perches for them to rest when dining
- Pure enjoyment and relaxation watching hummingbirds feeding right outside your window
- Convenient wide mouth opening for easy cleaning and filling
- Top fill technology allowing you to fill your hummingbird feeder from the top, rather than having to turn it upside down
- Stylish look this feeder will add to your yard
Remember to clean your feeder once every two weeks with mild soap and water solution.
Perkypet.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet®, K-Feeders and NO/NO® wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from perkypet.com. Happy Bird Feeding!
Attracting, feeding and enjoying hummingbirds is so easy with our top fill hummingbird feeder.
- 16 oz nectar capacity
- Top-fill design
- Easy to fill wide mouth top
- Easy to clean with less parts
- Advanced "sport bottle" like function
- Plastic feeder
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: WoodstreamBrands.ca does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateDON'T BUY! PUSH-PULL FEEDER LEAKS!
THIS FEEDER LEAKS! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Perhaps mine is defective, because no matter how tight the base is screwed onto the feeder, it leaks when the push-pull base is pushed closed. I wish I had tried filling it with water to test it before I wasted 16 oz of fresh nectar. Also, I wish I had seen the reviews here before I wasted my money.Response From WoodstreambrandsPatty : Consumer Relations Representative
We apologize for this experience and appreciate the feedback.
The feeder should not leak when the parts are put together securely. An instructional video can be seen at the link below.
Our feeders are covered by a one year replacement warranty. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance.
Review RateNeeds a gasket
After careful study of the Magnolia feeder design, I realized that a gasket between the bottle and the lower push pull threaded part is needed. The bottle has a rough finish at the base where it seals into the lower part. I smoothed the rough edges and installed a cut down garden hose gasket. No more leaks.
Review RateExactly what I wanted!!Love this hummingbird feeder! Looked and looked and was so happy I found it here!! Bought two!
Review RateAll mine does is leakI bought two...and all they do is leak. I have screwed the caps on as tight as I can, and all the bottom pieces as well, yet when I hang them out, after a day or so, they start dripping, creating a mess. I'm not happy at all.Response From WoodstreambrandsPatty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeHello Christian,
We apologize for this experience and would like the opportunity to learn more and make this right. When the bottle is tightly secured to the base, the feeder should not be leaking.
Please give our Consumer Relations Team a call at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance.
Review RatePoor DesignI bought this a week ago and have had issue with the vacuum seal. Will not consistently hold liquid. Poor design and construction.Response From WoodstreambrandsPatty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeThank you for providing this valuable feedback. We apologize for this experience. As you know, creating a vacuum is necessary for proper use.
Our feeders are covered by a one year warranty. Please give our Consumer Relations Team a call at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) so we can provide troubleshooting assistance and work with you to make this right.
Review RateHummers pass it byI had difficulty getting this not to leak but finally got it set up. It's a great concept, but my hummers don't use it. Couldn't figure out why we had no birds, so I set up an old one. Hummers will perch on the new one and then go on to the old design. I thought maybe the vaccum made it hard for them to feed but perhaps it is the flowers as someone else thought. Needs a little work!
Review RateFlaw in gasket causes it to leakI bought this push-pull model yesterday and have filled it twice in one day because it leaks air at the top. There is a visible flaw in the rubber gasket that seals the lid. It looks like an eighth of an inch rough mark that was caused by separating the part from the mold. No amount of torque could stop the leak. Rather than discard it I placed a rubber band at the base of the threads on the container top which has sealed it. Nice idea but needs more R & D. I would not recommend this purchase.Response From WoodstreambrandsLauren : Consumer Relations RepresentativeHello Dave,
Thank you for sharing this experience with this model feeder. We apologize for this occurrence and would like the opportunity to make things right.
Our feeders are covered under a one year warranty for replacement. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) so we may learn more about this occurrence and provide additional assistance.
Review RatePerfect... If You Read the Directions!!!Absolutely LOVE this feeder; it's nice looking and well made! Works perfectly IF you follow the directions! I didn't and couldn't understand why I never saw a hummer. The nectar just sat there filling up with ants until it evaporated. Finally took it down and apart (which was super easy) and gave it a good wash. Filled it up with water and played with it until I figured it out. *PULL UP to OPEN; PUSH DOWN to CLOSE!* Super simple!!! By the end of summer, I bought five of these feeders which my hummers enjoyed from morning to dark! They don't appear to leak, even during windy storms (which they've been through several)!
Review RateNew Push Pull Humingbird Feeder Gasket misunderstandingI have had this feeder all summer and could not get it to quit pouring out the nectar. After reading Matt's review with great instructions, I tried again and sure enough I was not closing tight enough to get the gasket to work properly. Thanks for the help, wish I had found it earlier.
Review RateGreat FeederI put this feeder up a week ago and have had non stop hummingbirds! I never realized that I had so many hummingbirds in my yard. I have had a couple of problems with the seal but once figured out, it works great.
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
Want to know about these tiny, amazing birds? We have a Hummingbird Library filled with information about various kinds of hummingbirds. Check it out!
Now you can submit a hummingbird sighting, and track it! Check out our all new Hummingbird Migration Map and learn when they will be in your area!
Hummingbird Feeders - Expert Tips
Filling Your Feeder:
Here are a few things to review before filling the feeder:
- Check to make sure the base compartments are securely tightened
- Push container into base to close ports to prevent leakage
- Unscrew to cap to fill with nectar
- Screw cap back on securely to form an airtight seal.
- We recommend keeping the feeder in the closed position until you get to the spot where you want to hang it.
- To open nectar reservoir - hold base with one hand and pull up on the container with the other to open ports for feeding. Your feeder is now ready.
Please note: if the cap does not fit securely on to the feeder and you see a gap between the cap and the feeder, the seal may be the issue. Please contact our Consumer Care Department at 1.800.800.1819 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new outer ring for you cap.
To replace the outer ring, push firmly on the center of the cap to pop out the middle. Replace with new outer ring.
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Video Help & Advice from Perky-Pet®
- Check out our series on how to attract birds to your backyard. We have a large amount of video advice and help for all levels of bird watcher! more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.